Re: Crossover in Door....

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Sun May 10 1998 - 23:30:39 EDT

> but just remember to watch the windows after you put em in (i could
> see robert doing somthin like that!!!).

Funny you should say that. The place I have my system installed at, did my
front speakers about a millimeter too high, and it would hit the window, but
didn't make any noise. The first time the window shattered, was in my high
school parking lot. The dealership gives window work to Abbey Glass, who
didn't tell me my speaker was mounted wrong, they just said that was wierd,
didn't know why it happened. The second time the window shattered, was in a
gas station. Abbey glass looked at it closer this time, 'cause I refused to
pay w/o an explanation. The funniest part was that I "drained" the glass out
of the door into a plastic cup, that you couldn't see though, and left it in
the garage to show my mom. She thought it was a cup of ice. That was real
good for the sink when she dumped it out :-)!!!
Luckily, my mother has a great sense of humor, else I would have been dead
then, or after about my 3rd speeding ticket.Luckily, it cost me about $200,
the speaker place hooked me up with power locks run off the alarm system, that
lock when you turn on the ignition, and unlock when you turn it off. Really
fun to play with.
Later,
Robert

--