RE: Mileage....(What should I do)

From: John Foster (fosterjohn@webtv.net)
Date: Sun May 10 1998 - 22:44:43 EDT

Glen,
 I'm hoping they have'nt changed it but on my 95' DAK witch has most
things similiar to yours, to retrieve the codes you cycle twice the
ignition from on to off and then on within five seconds. The codes are
two digit numbers and are flashed by the check engine light. At the
start of the test for my 95' there is first a code 88 after this any
fault codes will be flashed and after the last code a final code 55 is
flashed at the end. I'm not going to quote all the codes from the book
but this is a start, besides I'm not positive the codes are the same for
our trucks.(but they should be close if not).
 As for the gadgets one is called the FuelMaster witch claims an 11%
increase in gas milage and the other is called Force witch is a airborn
fuel catalyst. These gadgets may or may not work (I think they do help
somewhat) but I do get pretty descent MPGs.
 Anyways, hope this info helps,

John,
95' DAK 5.2 sport CC (w/many mods.)