Re: Fuel injector upgrades?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 10:42:20 EDT

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Jeff Lee wrote:
> Jon Steiger wrote:
[...]
> > From the article, it almost seems as if the injectors will only work
> > on the 360, but I could be wrong.
> >

> Assuming that the rustang injectors fit, the next important question is
> will the SBEC be able to compensate for the change in fuel flow and take
> advantage of the increased delivery capability. The MP catalog has a set
> of high-flow injectors, but claim that they are not compatible with the
> stock SBEC.

   When I was talking to NOS a while back, I asked them if it would
be possible to change fuel injectors to a higher flow unit to get
the fuel/nitrous ratio right. Based on their response, it sounded
to me as if the computer doesn't calculate the fuel flow. Sounded
almost as if the computer just assumes the injectors are stock flow,
and manipulates them as such. NOS said that something like this
would work while you're on the juice, but for normal driving when
the nitrous is off, the engine would be running really rich.

  I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got from talking with
NOS.

                                              -Jon-

  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (15.34@89.10), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |