Re: slushbox to 5 speed

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 10:59:26 EDT

On Sun, 10 May 1998, WillTier wrote:

> << Can I still get a roll pan, or will it interfere with the hitch >>
>
> Good question, should be able to tell with a quick look. Oh just got to
> thinking and I think it would stick out big time. With a roll pan you have no
> bumper and the hitch comes out about even with the back of the bumper. Hitch
> would probably have to be modified or changed to a hidden one.

  Hmmm, yeah, I was just thinking about the height; I didn't consider that
it might stick out. I'll have to have another look at it.

> Hope you get your hood and have it on. I got mine back and checked out the
> fit. It was a little low on the right rear but I had a shim that brought it up
> right. Also I had to remove the rubber gizmos, the hood hit on top of them and
> wouldn't go down in place. I wll fab something to support it other than those
> rubber gizmos. Pretty cool looker for shurr. I am going down to parts place
> and check on material and some pointers tomorrow then I'll decide from there
> whether I'll tackle it. If I screw it up I can always sand it back down and do
> it again or have it done. I'll have to check cost for material to try it
> myself and go from there.

  Yep, I noticed that it is low in the right rear on mine too (when I was doing
a dry-fit). I got a couple of stainless steel fender washers to stick in there
which will hopefully bring it to level. As far as the rubber things go, mine
are plastic and they are sort of like a big screw; you turn them clockwise
and they get lower, counterclockwise and they come up. I had to play with
them a bit to get the fit right too. I'll be glad to get the hood on there
and just leave it alone and not have to play with it anymore. :-)
  (I'm going to go in after work and see about picking it up; if I'm
lucky I'll mount it this afternoon.)

> <<Nah, I didn't buy that one. :-) I know how shifty you auto guys
> are, everyone knows ya can't believe anything you slushboxers say. >>
>
> Ahh shucks thought I could con ya a little, dang I hate 1/8 mile drags..
> Everyone knows, c'mon there got to be some gullibles out there..
>
> Wed looks good with the weather so far, keep your fingers crossed...

  But I can't shift with my fingers crossed! :-) Yep, hopefully the
weather will turn good and they'll run a full 1/4 mile program so I
can whoop ya at that too! ;-) (I even have a plan: I will intimidate
you with my hood; you will feel inadequate, and in your rush to prove
yourself, you will redlight.) :-)

                                              -Jon-

  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (15.34@89.10), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |