Rhino coming off, anybody else.

From: sperduton@mail.dnb.com
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 11:35:07 EDT

This question is for people with Rhino Liners.
I had one put in my 98 Dak on Dec 6th. The bed area is fine,
but on the tailgate, ther is a hum about 3 inches up from the bottom of
the gate. The rhino chipped off right down to the bare metal, about the size
of a dime in about 4 places and smaller chunks in a few other spots. Then from
those spots, I could peel the line off without too much difficulty and see the red paint
(the color of the truck) It didn't even look like it had been sanded.
It also came off and I could peel it off on the corner of the taligate where
I rest the ramp to load my dirt bike.
I bring the gate back to the guy and he sayd no problem, because of the hump, it went on
thinly, he would recoat it. I left the gate there for two days, I pick it up
on Thursday, I look at it, he reacoated it. But instead of going all the way to
where he left off last time (over the rail) on the gate, he stopped halfway
across the top of the gate (half way from front to back) and since the passenger side of the top
was the side missing the original rhino, he layed it on thicker. Now across the top
of the gate I have an ugly mask line, but only on the passenger half, casue thats
where he put it on the thickest.

Well, friday night I load up a bike and it rains Friday stright thru the weekend.
I put the gate down yesterday and see the rhino is coming off in the exact
same spot (where the ramp rests, the ramp has no sharp edges either) Now I
can peel the entire new layer of stuff he put on. It comes off easily in 6-8 inch long chunks

My thought is he didn't prep the gate correctly either time.
Anyway, I'm waiting for Rhino customer service to call me back cause
right now I am really pissed off. Twice this guy has screwed it up. I'm not calling him again
I expect Rhino to send me to another dealer and pick up the cost to
have the gate redone correctly.
I'll let you know what happens.

Anybody else experience any problems like this.

Thanks,
Nick