Re: R/T at the Drag Strip

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 14:13:05 EDT

>James Henry wrote:
> I am still using the paper air filter, but I plan on
> getting a K&N soon. This simple ram air system
> only costs $10 to build and all you have to do is
remove the rubber sheet that is next to the radiator
so it will fit.The truck really has more pep after I
>installed this.

> - -james
 '98 RC R/T

James,
I got the K&N filter that drops right into the stock
air box from summit racing (1-800-230-3030).
Part # KNN-33-2084 it was $42.39 compared to
$57.50 from Mopar performance for the exact
same air filter. I received it 2 days after I ordered
it over the phone. Definitely made a difference. I
also just ordered BFGoodrich Comp T/A Drag
tires for the rear (P275/40R-17). Summit listed
the tires for $167.96 but BJ's wholesale ordered
them for me at $137.99 each. Hopefully this will
help my traction problem getting off the line. I
checked into headers for the R/T but Thorley said
they don't make any headers for 97-98 dodges
(thanks to everyone for the info on thorley anyway).
Mopar performance said some company named Leach??
makes the headers for MP and that headers for the
R/T will probably be available in Aug-Sep 98. Once I
put the drag tires on I'll take it to the track again for
some numbers.

Mike Catlin