Re: Magnum V8's

From: Kabuki2 (Kabuki2@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 16:57:33 EDT

<< These engines really seem to die off after 4000 rpm. Has anyone ever had
the stock intake extrude honed to see if it would help the motor breath
better? How about extrude honing the stock exhaust manifolds? DO they make
roller rockers for it with a larger ratio to give it more valve lift? Anyone
ever had a set of stock heads ported and polished (or swapped for early
318/360 heads) on their Magnum V8? >>

You probably wouldn't want to port the exhaust manifolds... run headers.. one
problem I noticed with the Magnum head is that the exhaust ports are tiny.
Very small, similar to the size of a stock Mustang's head...... on the intake
side, that bump that comes out of the side in the intake runner is so large,
that you can't fit your finger into the intake port without turning it (say,
if you tried to touch the valve) ... not good for higher RPM's I would take
it.

Crower makes a set of roller rockers, and my 5.9 responded very well with a
cam change and now happily revs to the 5200rpm rev limiter with better
springs.. (need it raised. :( )

ttyl
patrick