Re: KN Rubbing

From: Rder (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Tue May 12 1998 - 14:20:41 EDT

> I have a 94 Club Cab 4x4 with a 5.2 V-8 my problem is that the top front of the K&N Filter
> housing is rubbing on the hood liner [...]also the top radiator hose is rubbing
> against the hood liner and is starting to get a worn spot.

  My '95's radiator hose has rubbed against the hood liner since Day One, and
when I put my FIPK-clone on, the front edge rubs slightly as well. As long
as the filter housing isn't rubbing a hole in the liner (mine isn't), and as
long as the hose is stable (mine is), I wouldn't worry about it. But it would
definitely be a good idea to keep an eye on both components, so that you don't
get caught with a ruptured hose out on the road.

  Ron