Re: DaimlerChrysler

From: John C. Worden (scirocco@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue May 12 1998 - 14:13:24 EDT

>>Well what I read in the NY Times said "The world's 5th largest automaker
>>>(Chrysler) is being bought out by Germany's largest (Can't remember th
>>>adjective they used for Daimler Benz)" so by that CC was 5th BEFORE the
>>>merger so they have to be higher up now....
>>>
>>>Bruce
>>>

>>Why do they HAVE to be higher up now? Whoever was 4th (VW?) could have been
>>so far ahead that even this merger wouldn't have caught CC up to them.
>>

> If the info in the NY Times was correct (which it now seems it wasn't?),
>then he's right, CC would have to move up, since VW is one of the top five.
>
> The paper called DB "Germany's largest", which would mean that it is
>larger than VW. CC was smaller than VW, but DB was already bigger than
>VW, so DB-CC has to be bigger than VW after the merger. (If you look at
>it from the CC perspective, it moved up; if you look at it from the DB
>perspective, it might not nescessarily move up.) Of course, if the paper
>was wrong about DB being larger than VW, then no matter which perspective
>you look at it from, CC doesn't "have" to be higher up. (It is possible
>that DB was 4th and adding CC wasn't enough to move them past #3. Though
>#6 is now #5)
>
> Hee hee hee! (Try thinking that 5 times real fast.) ;-)
>

> -Jon-

Although Daimler-Benz is Germany's largest corporation, or whatever term
they use, VW produces more vehicles than DB. Remember the Volkswagen Group
contains: VW, Audi, SEAT, and Skoda. I believe there is another company in
there too, but not a big one.

John '98 Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic tonneau,
               Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades
          '84 Scirocco