Re: New Motors in Dakotas

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Tue May 12 1998 - 21:26:21 EDT

> Jon Steiger Wrote:
> Although, if they actually are dropping the Magnum engines in '99, the
> "base" Dakota will have what, 30hp more than the '98 R/T? Does anyone
> know what the torque figure is for the new 275HP V8?
>
> Unfortunately, if the new engines are as intolerant of upgrades as
> some have said they are, then they'll probably stay right around 275HP,
> whereas the Magnum has a lot of potential...
>
> -Jon-

Jon,
   I was under the impression that the new motor was
a 4.7L that makes 230HP & 295 lb.-ft of torque. The
275 High performance version of this motor would more
than likely be put in the SST and R/T if they continue
to make them. This new 4.7L motor is the same motor
that is going into the 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Lower emissions
higher compression 9.3:1 cast iron block and two cast
aluminum cylinder heads. You can read all about it with
this link just scroll down to 4.7-Liter V-8 Engine (Way
down at the bottom).

http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/detroit/99grandc.htm

Mike Catlin