Re: Fuel injector upgrades?

From: BESTLIGHT (BESTLIGHT@prodigy.net)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 14:43:32 EDT

WillTier wrote:

> << Assuming that the rustang injectors fit, the next important question is
> will the SBEC be able to compensate for the change in fuel flow and take
> advantage of the increased delivery capability. The MP catalog has a set
> of high-flow injectors, but claim that they are not compatible with the
> stock SBEC. >>
>
> I don't think they would be a problem with the computer, probably wouldn't
> notice any difference unless WOT where the computer uses tables instead of
> sensor signals and then you would want a need for the extra fuel or you could
> lose performance.
>
> Bill
I bought a set of Accel injectors for my Dakota and they wouldn't work
with the MP computer. It couldn't compensate for the extra fuel. It's
been awhile but if I remember the stock injectors were 19 psi flow rate
and the Accel's were 23. After I installed the Accel DFI computer I was
able to use them.

Jerry