RE: MPI (Houston) ? ? ?

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Thu May 14 1998 - 20:09:50 EDT

Just my $0.02 worth, but I can see where Jules is coming from, both in
his approach, and in the $5 for a catalog. If you won't shell out $5 for
the catalog, why should he think you're serious about buying stuff,
particularly things that by definition are not cheap? Secondly, he has
to be somewhat "gruff" when dealing over the phone, otherwise he is
running a free consulting business, and people phone him up for advice,
and then go to Wallmart to buy the part for the cheapest price they can
find. Also, running a small business he can ill afford to be yaking on
the phone all day to people who won't even pay $5 for the catalog (which
prob. answers a good many of the "first timers" questions).

Craig