MPI (Houston) ? ? ?

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 14:25:59 EDT

  Has anyone on the list ever done business with MPI in Houston? (how
about it Gene?) I tried calling them for several weeks - got nothing
but an answering machine. Finally got someone on the phone, but once he
found out I had, heaven forbid, QUESTIONS!, he was too busy to talk.

  Some of that is just me, I'm a skeptic and need to fully understand
everything before making a decision. Besides, I've been Chevy-oriented
for 25 years and this is my first Dodge (98 R/T). I could tell this guy
was getting fed-up with my questions, his bottom line was "when you know
what parts you want, call me back", right before he begged off for
another caller.

  Well, I know I don't want to spend $900 for a throttle body without
knowing what kind of gain there is to be had. If any of you can suggest
a list of mods for my R/T that will boost performance without swapping
the heads or cam (maybe later), let me know. I'm interested in getting
some of your real-world experiences. At this point, I'd prefer to stick
with Mopar Performance Parts, but would consider calling MPI back "once
I know what parts I want".

  Until then, what headers are:

        Easiest to install?

        Most cost-effective?

        Best performing?

  What is involved with swapping to 1.7 rockers?

  What brand/type is preffered?

  Will the K&N full flow (round) filter fit under the hood?

  Can the R/T exhaust (3" cat-back) be improved on?

                Thanks,
                        Russ Selkirk

--
NOTE:   Anti-Spam Address! Please