Re: Re: MPI (Houston) ? ? ?

From: jules (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 01:48:39 EDT

catlin wrote:

> Patrick,
> I sent my $5 bucks yesterday! Like I
> said "What a salesman!" :~)

you may be right... a man called yesterday and needed an air cleaner. i
offered it at a retail $59.95 (that's FULL LIST!!) and after some advice
he called back and ordered it and proceeded to place an order in excess
of $.... ah, hell. you wouldn't beleive me if i told you. :)

but trust me... this guy and i connected and he had already called ALL
the other biggee discount shops and was not happy with tech/response and
problem solutions offered.... ("sorry... but we don't have that info
yet, well, no not that either... ahhh, we are waiting for info on that,
too)

Hey Jules sorry no hard
> feelings. Give me time I'll eventually insult everyone
> on the list unintentionally :~).
>
> Mike Catlin

no problem... you guys honestly make me laugh... and this post above is
no exception. Sorry, but with our volume I DO have to qualify a
customer and that's how i do it. i remember the 360 call... started
right off complaining that he couldn't get a free catalog off the
internet! and i was into my 3rd cup of coffee and when he related magnum
engines to aircraft engines that was were it ended and i explained to
him my military aviation background :)...

 There simply is NO time to tell every caller all the many whats, ifs
and how to's. (chuckles out loud to himself :)) I have a catalog and it
is a super sales tool... besides those customers oft times are out to
punish some guys who should have become customers. so... secrets and
inside tips are for players who's bag has a marble or two, know how to
smile a lot!!... and not always for those that just want to kick dirt
out into the circle... and complain that the crowd is too dusty and a
bit too dirty...

and if i had a $1 for every question i answer each and every day on a
courteous basis i'd already be a rich man... but, no i am a poor ol hard
working stiff.

everybody gets their questions answered... it is just that sometimes the
answer is NO

so see ya...

"the grouchy, meany guy at MPI..."

and a PS to those $5 bitchers... would you run a business and take
personal checks and send out catalogs and hope their checks clear? well
i do day in and day out just like clock work!