Bed liners -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 10:17:32 EDT

I have an under rail MOPAR liner (they were offer free at the time) and a
Protecta HD bed mat. Originally, I was worried about the liner rubbing the
paint off the bed (I almost didn't take the free one), but then I checked out
a friends. The drop-in liner did rub the paint in spots, but there was no
rust due to the constant rubbing. So, I decided that the liner was worth it
(you can't see the rubbed spots). Also, the liner does protect very well
against dings and dents (better than a spray-in). One thing I didn't like
about the drop-in was the slippery surface, though. So, I added the bed
mat. Voila... A side benefit is that the mat is fairly heavy and thus keeps
the liner from moving around so much (less rubbing).

Just my $0.02

Steve