Re: Fiasco

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 00:24:17 EDT

> Yeah! That's what I shoulda' told the Judge today. Had to stand trial for
> Reckless Driving. 72 in a 40. I got the Reckless Driving part dropped and
> I just had to pay the speeding fine.... at least I got to keep my
> license! Whew! that was a close one. The thing that sucks is that I was
> driving my roommates IROC camaro (damn chebbies)... that made me a
> sitting duck! Good thing I got off, already can't afford my insurance as
> it is....
> -mike sykes

>says as crossing his fingers) came awfully close once though, got a 24
>over, where i got it it's a mandatory trial for 25 over,so 1 more mph over
>and I would've been standing before the judge... Your probably going to
>have increased insurance anyway, don't know about where you live but here
>in GA they report any speeding tickets to your insurance company, and my
>insurance company charges you a 10% "Accident and violation surcharge" for
>very ticket you get, last fall I had a 0% surcharge, since then I've
>gotten 2 tickets in-state, and when I renewed my insurance I had a 20%
>surcharge, so be prepared on your next insurance bill.....

>Bruce

------------------------------

Gents:

The solution to your high cost of insurance seems, to me, to be very simple:

(1) no speeding
(2) no accidents
(3) no tickets = cheaper insurance.

I pay less than $100/month (Canadian) for full coverage on a 1997 4x4 SLT
V8 clubcab .... 40% discount. Well
worth it for the extra 5 minutes it takes to get somewhere at the speed
limit. I usually set the auto-pilot at just under the speed limit ....
never been bothered by the police.

The guys in a hurry? They can pass, doesn't bother me at all.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada