Re: Bed liners

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun May 17 1998 - 11:11:19 EDT

At 10:13 AM 5/16/98 , you wrote:

>About this bedliner thing. I guess it's kinda a religious thing.

<snip>

I think that is the bottom line here. There are advantages and
disadvantages to both kinds. It's a matter of getting the facts and making
a personal decision. That's one thing this list is great for.

>The only warning I got is stay away from over-rail type drop-ins
>as there is significant warpage with temp changes and it looks
>like hell (wavy seam along the top with heat).

I'll second that. Almost all over-the-rail drop-ins I've seen more than a
few years old looked like s**t. And I'm not sure all the warpage was from
temp changes. It appears as though the heavier the use the more they warp
and distort.

Also, I wonder if a drop-in would even *fit* in a bed that had a spray-in
liner. An eight of an inch on the sides and a quarter inch on the bottom
may not sound like much, but it adds up. Is the fit of a drop-in that
loose? And if it will rub your paint off, what will it do to your $300+
spray-in liner? Just something to think about.

Mike (I love my Rhino Liner) Crumley

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed