Re: roller rocker article

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 13:26:29 EDT

>The Mopar grind cam is very small liftwise .. Isn't the gross lift
>.470something on the highside with a 1.6 ratio rocker? That gives you
roughly
>.294 or so on the cam ...... which comes out to be right under .500 which
>should still be safe ....

>FYI, I run a cam with .512 gross valve lift w/1.6s on my 5.9L, no
problems...

     That's what I originally thought too. If someone is running this
combo then trust that more than this info that was given to me. It was
probably Crower that provided this info. Could have been tryin' to sell
the regrind.

Possibly the extra duration along with the increased lift causes
trouble.....I'm not runnin' either of these so, again, trust someone who
is.
>If someone can give me specifics on why you shouldn't run a 1.7 with the
mopar
>grind I'd like to know b/c I have a friend with a 5.2L 98 Dak with a very
>similar (if not exact) grind and he's got 1.7s on order.

As with any cam swap where the p2v clearance could be an issue the only
sure guarantee is to check. I hope I just didn't pass bogus info on to you
guys...only something I was forewarned of. Wouldn't be the first time I
stuck my foot in my mouth. 8^)

*** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 *** http://surf.to/real-per4mance ***

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net