Re: Bed liners-reply

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 20:22:44 EDT

snip
<<<<< If you own a pickup for any time at all you'll learn this lesson
real quick.>>>>

I learned that lesson with a great big, crushed velvet chair (70's
vintage... pure retro!) I was hauling to my friend's house. Hit the
brakes a little hard and "THUMP!"... I now am the proud owner of a great
big dent in the front of my bed.... whoopee... if anyone wants one just
like it, I can send you instructions.. =0)
-mike sykes

miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com
88, V6, LE, 3.55, AUTO-

"you never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes..."

On Tue, 19 May 1998 10:11:17 -0400 Robert Tufts <rbt@frontiernet.net>
writes:

>Oh...so you like things sliding around in the bed of your truck every
>time
>you accelerate, stop, and turn. You're right...you don't need it.
>Sorry to
>bring it up.
>
>Steve
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>Sorry Steve,
>
>Expecting friction and gravity to keep things in their place in the
>bed of a pickup
>is asking for it. Show me a bedliner that will hold a 50 lb piece of
>iron at the rear
>of the bed and I'll more likely show you a giant dent in the front of
>the bed the first
>time you have to apply the brakes hard.
>
>If you own a pickup for any time at all you'll learn this lesson real
>quick.
>
>Then again I do see matresses flying off cars evey know & then, so
>maybe I'm doing
>something wrong using those strange devices called "tie-downs"? :-)
>

>-Bob T. '98 Sport+ CC 4X4 V8 5sp 4WABS 3.55 Towing

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]