Re: roller rocker article (duration!)

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 17:41:01 EDT

> Sorry,
> But the cam lobe determines duration. duration @ .050 will be increased slightly
> becausethe valve opens at a higher rate, but the amount of time the valve is
> open (off the seat), measured in crankshaft degrees remains constant regardless
> of the rocker arm ratio.

See? This is part of my frustration. You say that "duration...will
be increased slightly" and then you say "the amount of time the valve
is open .... remains constant."

Did you read this before you posted it? It directly contradicts
itself!!!

Which is it?

Will the duration at .050" increase slightly or
will the amount of time the valve is off the seat
change?

God this frustrates me.

-Scott :^(

"No, Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live. It's a
terrible strain on the illustrator's wrist."