My '88 Dakota

From: Bill Sullivan (pulse@op.net)
Date: Thu May 21 1998 - 15:46:56 EDT

Hey,

    I'm Bill, and I'm 20 years old, and in college. About three years
ago I bought my Dakota which was pretty plain at the time. I have some
older pics I have to scan of it. But it had the origional rims on it
that were oxidizing, and no tinted glass, factory everything pretty
much. It's a '88 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Sport. You can see a pic of it at
http://www.op.net/~pulse/mytruck.html. It's the 3.9ltr v6 Sport /w
RollBar Tonn. cover, Cragar Mags (With Spinners now). Also just got a
new engine put in. Same engine size but it was modified actually. It
also has a towing package on it. I have a nitrous oxide kit for it as
well. Didn't put it in yet. I will be getting a 'Super Chip' for the
computer next week at which time I'll have the chip and nitrous kit
installed. The chip can be programmed with any type of modifications
you have on your Dakota Truck. I also have Headers on it as well, and
single exhaust. Wanted dual, but I've been told it can't be done..
Dunno if it would make much of a diference tho. It also has the 3 Speed
Auto Trans. I always wondered if an aftermarket trans could be put in?
I was looking for a 4speed auto, something with over drive. Also, the
4WD shift is on the floor, where the manual trans shift would be, and
the auto shift is on the column. Does any one know of a way I can
re-locate the column shift to the floor?

    Also it has the bench seat. Always wanted bucket seats, does anyone
know if I could get them for an 88 Dodge Dakota Sport? It's standard
cab, tinted glass all around except front:), 5% transparency. VERY
dark. Nice that way:) Also has vent shades on both windows too.
Loaded really, power locks/steering/windows, cassette, cruise control,
air, etc. Check out the pic on my web page and let me know what you
think, or if you have any answers/suggestions for me, please let me
know. Thanks. Hope to hear replies.

-Bill