Re: Safe "burnouts"?

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 16:21:43 EDT

>I've found that I launch better if I spin my tires for a second
>first; not a burnout, but just a quick spin to get the water off.
>(Even driving around the water pit gets some water on my tires.)

     Yeah...definitly stay outta the water box. Full burnouts on street
tires don't do anything either. What yer doin' is perfect. Just clean the
crap off 'em. 'Course....big smokey burnouts are kinda fun too.....8^)

<snip> Anyone have any ideas?

     This is what I do Jon. After I swing around the box and straighten
out I back up just a tad to give some extra room. Just tach the truck up a
bit and pop the clutch. Once the tires have spun I let off the gas and as
I'm comin' off the gas then I clutch it. Might be exactly what yer
doin'...I don't remember any "clunks" tho.

Thought about a line lock? I almost rolled outta the stage beam once and
      screwed up my reac. time cuz I had to step on the brake.

*** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 *** http://surf.to/real-per4mance ***

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net
Email @ Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com