Re: Re: intake work

From: Rekker21 (Rekker21@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 21:36:38 EDT

<< I understand polishing and knife edge, but what is meant by
 "boxing it off"? (Also, what is a plenum, and why would you want
 to reduce its volume?)

Its kinda hard for me to explain without paper and a pencil but Ill try!! The
plenum is the chamber that the air travels through before going into the
appropriate intake. Now on the magnums there is almost to much space. The
intake inlets sit about 1" from the bottom of the Plenum. So what I did was
cut the inlets about 3" farther up the plenum and then raised, Or boxed, the
floor of the plenum by templating the area and welding aluminium plate in.
Then I filled little holes and bumpy spots with Devcon, an aluminium putty. I
hope that made sense, its in a Mopar Muscle article from 97 I think it may
have been the Feb issue. It basically gets your intake to suck harder and get
more compressed air which = HP