Re: Throttle body mods - RPM? MPI? (defence)

From: Hoopgj (Hoopgj@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed May 27 1998 - 08:02:38 EDT

I would like to jump in here and as usual throw in my 2 cents. In Jules
defence, he is giving more of a warning to us all than anything else. I am
sure we have all started to do a project "freehand" that has become worse than
when it started, or a total disaster at the finish.
In my job I see alot of people that attempt to work on there own stuff and
they make a total mess of it.(I work on Aircraft Nav. Systems) These people
break off screws, loose parts, or worst of all, distort bearing cups, and
seats. Replacement of some of these gyros can get into the $12,000 range.
(not to mention it is against FAA regs)

Anyway, his message tells me that it is better to let the pros who have the
tooling and exp. to do it right and complete the first time.
George