Re: Throttle body mods - RPM? MPI? (defence)

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Wed May 27 1998 - 10:26:18 EDT

>Anyway, his message tells me that it is better to let the pros who have
the
>tooling and exp. to do it right and complete the first time.
>George

     Don't get me wrong on this.....in no way am I saying that "you're
crazy for buying a MPI throttle body cuz everybody should do their own".
He offers, what I believe, is a quality, performing part. My issue is that
Jules should *not* arbitrarily come down on work that he's never seen.
Just because he gets messed up home-done tb's doesn't mean that we all do
it. And *that* is the impression he gave...or at least I took from it.

You'll never hear "my way is better than your way" outta my mouth. I'll
always give ya my honest opinion but that's as far as it goes. If he had
said, "I think that if you're unsure of your abilities and factor in bench
time, tools to purchase, and the chances of possibly messing up, that the
MPI econ throttle body may be a better option." I woulda had nothin' to
say.

I'm done now..8^)..this is too deja vu'ish.

****** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 ******

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net
Email @ Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com