Re: 98Dakota CD changer units

From: Hoopgj@AOL.COM
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 18:39:59 EDT

Now we are in Georges neiborhood.....
You can only use the head unit controls with the CC CD player. If you dont
mind having the samll remote display on the dash for the RF CD player then go
for it. It sounds the same. The only way to have a CD changer and a head
unit that controls it, ya have to change the system. Pioneer makes a great
unit that is made to fit the CC radio hole perfectly, (I have one) otherwise
you will have to get a blank plate to fit the hole and install a regular size
radio.
If you want to drive any power thru your system, get ready to replace the
speakers. I think you should have the Infinity speakers. They are ok with the
stock stereo, but they arent very compatable with amplifiers.
Want any more let me know...
George