Re: 98Dakota CD changer units

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.com)
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 12:27:40 EDT

On Fri, 29 May 1998 18:39:59 EDT, you wrote:

>Now we are in Georges neiborhood.....
>You can only use the head unit controls with the CC CD player. If you =
dont
>mind having the samll remote display on the dash for the RF CD player =
then go
>for it. It sounds the same. The only way to have a CD changer and a =
head
>unit that controls it, ya have to change the system. Pioneer makes a =
great
>unit that is made to fit the CC radio hole perfectly, (I have one) =
otherwise
>you will have to get a blank plate to fit the hole and install a regular=
 size
>radio. =20
>If you want to drive any power thru your system, get ready to replace =
the
>speakers. I think you should have the Infinity speakers. They are ok =
with the
>stock stereo, but they arent very compatable with amplifiers.
>Want any more let me know...
>George=20

He has the RBN Code Radio, same as mine. I did a little checking in to
this. You can use a Alpine changer with the factory radio if you use a
adapter from Stinger. Go to
http://www.stinger-aamp.com/peripheral/s-ind.htm

and check it out. I decided to just replace the head unit, it will
sound better with a higher quality head unit....

        Steve, 29
Apache Junction, Arizona

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....