Re: '97: Plugs, wires, 'stat and cap

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 06:06:43 EDT

> I know that I will be branded a weenie for having a V-6 in my '94, but
> that's just the way it goes.

My dad is on his third V6-powered Dakota. I got to drive his
'94 Dak when it was new and that baby moved out. If you
don't need the serious butt-kicking ability of the eight, the
V6 motor is still strong. Hold your head high, fellow DakOwner!

> I bought the MSD wires awhile back (which are labeled for the 318 but I
> was told by Summit that they would be correct for the V-6), went to
> install them on the V-6 and found the coil wire to be way too short
> (about 14 inches total length). The coil is hanging off the right front
> of the block, the distributor (in presumably a pretty standard location)
> is on the left rear, so the coil wire would actually be longer than any
> of the plug wires (which it isn't). The new Summit order person says
> that only Taylor has the right wires for the V-6. Has anyone been
> through this -- and any suggestions?

Thanks for the info on the wires. I gotta get *something* for my
truck.

-Scott

"No, Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live. It's a
terrible strain on the illustrator's wrist."