Re: Plugs & Stuff Attn: Scott Vieth

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 14:00:13 EDT

> The Spark Plugs I am using are Champion Double Platinum
> part number CHA7071. They are gapped at .035 for my stock
> ignition. They work great.

Thanks for chasing down the part numbers. I'm going to try
the Champion Gold Truck Plugs (4071) unless somone says
I should exchange these for the 4412s.

I'm going to gap my plugs at .0355 just to see if I'm any faster
than your truck in the quarter-mile. Ha ha ha!!

> The cap and rotor are Borg Warner (Brass). The cap is BWD C274
> and the rotor is BWD D223.

Cool. I'll have to make a trip to the parts store for these.

> The 180 Thermostat is a Gates with part number 33508.

I picked up the Stant model that Jon recommended. Thermo
and gasket were right around five bucks.

> I can't find the part number on the Accell 8mm wires. I bought them
> at Ramchargers and they were pre-cut and fit perfectly. I have to to
> to Ramchargers early next week. I will get the part number if you
> still want it.

I'm thinking of getting the Mopar Performance wires. But the Accel
wires would be cool with an Accel Supercoil and an Accel cap. :^)
Are you wires Accel yellow? I think I remember that they are red....

> I'll send you a private e:mail on the rest of the stuff my tomorrow
> morning.

Cool. I love keeping secrets from that Meldrum guy.
Ha ha ha!!!!

-Scott :^)

"No, Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live. It's a
terrible strain on the illustrator's wrist."