Mopars Attack Milan

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 19:25:48 EDT

Hello folks...

I went to the Chrysler shootout event at Milan Dragway today. Lots of
Mopars and a handful of Dakota's. There was a Red RT extended cab that
was running 15.80's for most of the day. It looked like a performance
shops advertising truck with obviously no mods. There was also a few
other new-generation dakota's on hand. One was white with blue
stripes(Ext Cab) and sounded like a stock eliminator truck. It was
running like 13.0's. There was a black 97-98 Reg Cab with decals removed
and traction bars to match that was running low 15's. A couple of the
older style Dakota's were also present and running 14.5-15.0's. I must
say the whether was just perfect for this event and I really enjoyed it.
The JET dragster was the crowd pleaser with a 294mph pass. Oh I almost
forgot, there was also a MINT SHELBY dakota there running 15.6's. The
track was resurfaced and seems very capable at producing good numbers as
many vehicles were blowing away there dial-ins during eliminations and
this was with 80+ degree temps and not a cloud in the sky. I
unfortunately arrived at the track too late to partake in the racing but
spectating was a blast. We should get a group together and head on up
one day this summer!

Terry