Re: Re: NEW ENGINES FOR '99 ?

From: Rekker21@AOL.COM
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 19:44:06 EDT

<< 3 higher horsepower and bette gas milage v-8 are to be
 out in '99.Has anyone heard any thing about this? >>
JR, as far as I know there is only one new V8 coming out, and it will debut in
the new Grand Cherekee next month I think. Its a small V8, only 4.7 but it
has 250 ponies prancin in it. This motor will replace the 5.2, but the 5.9
will remain for a while.
  As far as a new V6, theres one in the new 300M and in the LHS and that also
has something along the lines of 245 horse. Thats all I know, havent heard of
any more 8's though.
Eric K
p.s. Ill keep my ear to the ground at work and let ya know