Re: Mopars Attack Milan

From: Amanda (akelly@tir.com)
Date: Sat May 30 1998 - 19:56:38 EDT

At 07:25 PM 5/30/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello folks...
>
>I went to the Chrysler shootout event at Milan Dragway today. Lots of
>Mopars and a handful of Dakota's. There was a Red RT extended cab that
>was running 15.80's for most of the day. It looked like a performance
>shops advertising truck with obviously no mods. There was also a few
>other new-generation dakota's on hand. One was white with blue
>stripes(Ext Cab) and sounded like a stock eliminator truck. It was
>running like 13.0's. There was a black 97-98 Reg Cab with decals removed
>and traction bars to match that was running low 15's. A couple of the
>older style Dakota's were also present and running 14.5-15.0's. I must
>say the whether was just perfect for this event and I really enjoyed it.
>The JET dragster was the crowd pleaser with a 294mph pass. Oh I almost
>forgot, there was also a MINT SHELBY dakota there running 15.6's. The
>track was resurfaced and seems very capable at producing good numbers as
>many vehicles were blowing away there dial-ins during eliminations and
>this was with 80+ degree temps and not a cloud in the sky. I
>unfortunately arrived at the track too late to partake in the racing but
>spectating was a blast. We should get a group together and head on up
>one day this summer!
>
>Terry
>

> A so-called performance vehicle turning 15.8. Acura makes the R-type that
  has 115 cu.ins,and it will turn a 14.6! But don't worry you can go down
  to your hi-performance dealer and get absolutely nothing.On top of that,
  on anything other than billiard table smooth roads, the back hops around
               like crazy. What the hell was I thinking. I'm going to cut
my losses and dump
  this pig and buy a real performance vehicle.

  Tony