Drag Racing, Tire Pressure, and Non LSD.

From: RLewis7785@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 01 1998 - 15:47:52 EDT

Hey Guys,

I' took my truck to the track for the first time last week (two days Wed. and
Fri.). I do not have, nor do I plan on getting a Sure-Grip. I have heard
some talk of you guys about tire pressures and traction.

Please give me some advice about where to start to get the best traction out
of my setup (without modification!!). It appears from the rubber deposits on
my truck that the right rear wheel seems to get loose more than the left. I
assume that this is due to the twisting effect of the drive shaft transferring
weight off off that wheel. I am looking for advice on a good ratio of left to
right tire pressures to try, or any other advice to help out.

Again, no Sure-Grip, No Traction Bars, No ladder Bars, No concrete spoilers,
etc. I just want to make what I have work a little better.

Thanks
Richard Lewis, Tomball TX
92 LE CC, 318, Auto., 3.55 Non-LSD