Transfer Case Fluid Change Questions

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 18:15:35 EDT

OK well guys this time its a transfer case questions....my 93 Dakota is
way overdue for the t-case fluid to be changed, I know it uses automatic
transmission fluid, but I have no clue how to get the drain plug or the
fill plug out! It seems like a socket isn't gonna do it since the frame
brace runs like 2 inches behind both of the plugs....The heads on the plugs
seem the 1 3/16 inch...but I am not sure.....anyone out there who has done
this fluid change on their Dak 4x4 please help!!! I though about trying
needle nose vise grips but I dont even know is those would work......so
please help me out once again on this one...also has anyone ever used or
tried Amsoil air filters? Just curious because of all the talk lately
about air filters.
Thanks alot.....Kyle
93 Dakota Sport 4x4 3.9 V6 Auto 3.55 with LSD in rear
Reg Cab Emerald Green, Tinted out
Tool Box, Custom Shortened Soft Tonneau, Rhino Lined
Dunlop Radial Rover RV(235) Class III Hitch
Pioneer CD deck, Pioneer 5x7's & 6 1/2's
Overhead Console with CB, dual 48" Fiberglass Whips
Front Air dam removed for clearance and tow hooks
And many more goodies!!!