Re: Port & Polish (Attn: Catlin)

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 05 1998 - 23:33:51 EDT

<< If you could make up a specific procedure (including
 tools and bits that you used), it may make it a little less "scary". Thanks.

 Steve
 '98 CC 5.2L 5-speed >>
Steve, I just did mine last night and its awesome!! I used an airsaw and a
diegrinder, It probably took all of 4 hrs to port and polish! I dont know
how everyone else did theirs, but I ported both top and bottom. I took a
scriber and scribed a line where the butterfly's where when they were in
closed position, and then took em out. I ground down the openings upto those
scribed lines then sanded and polished em. I left the manifold side a razor
edge, while I really rounded the top openings over pretty good. Im taking the
TB off next week sometime and grind the rod the butterfly's ride in and round
off the screws that hold them to the rod. Im going to make the rod kinda oval
in shape/instead of round. Im also gonna also gonna use allan head carriage
bolts to bolt the TB down to the intake.
I really have little idea how everyone elses turned out or how much their
per4mance increased, but mine is incredible! But I had done some intake work
last year. I shortened the runners and boxed the plenum in , so this TB mod
really complimented the intake work!
Eric K