Re: S-Bolt?

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 05 1998 - 20:10:38 EDT

<< Can somone tell me what this is? On the 96 there is a plate that is bolted
 the TBI that has a hole in the center. The air cleaner stud is put thru this
 with self locking nuts. Had to replace this when I added the FIPK cause the
 stock one was too short. Supplied in the kit was a really long stud that I
 had to cut down, and then ya just put it back and lock it down.
 Is the S-Bolt that is being refered to on the 97 and newer?
 George
 (no s-bolt and a cup holder that works)
 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA even I laughed at that one >>

The s-bolt is basically a bent, threaded rod, shaped like an "S". It screws
into the throttle body where the factory aircleaner hold down bolt goes, then
is bent back, and then up, to come out through the aircleaner lid. It is done
in the name of less air turbulence in the throttle body.

Brad