Re: RE: Your Pain Don't Kill Our Gain...!

From: jules (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 22:46:28 EDT

Jon Steiger wrote:

> >then... why are all the serious, FAST cars at the drags running MSD 7AL,
> >etc...?
>
> Because they're turning high RPM's. It is my understanding that an
> aftermarket ignition doesn't do much of anything for speed until you
> start getting up over 5,000-6,000 RPM. Personal experiences of fellow
> DML'ers seem to bear out this theory.
>

> >In my experience I found the MSD (or
> >
> >don't feel msd is causing loss... i run it and LOVE it! :) jacobs...
> >yes
>
> You already stated below that you haven't done or seen any before/after
> ignition installs with documented dyno/strip changes. Ignitions such
> as MSD definitely do make the truck smoother running, but maybe not
> faster. It might be easy to confuse smooth with power...
>
> >> but I have yet to hear from anyone on the DML who has not experienced a loss
> >> after installing an aftermarket ignition.
> >
> >ets are subject to many variables
>
> That's true. However, Bill loses 2 tenths consistently on the track
> with the MSD. He's got his ignitions wired to a simple toggle switch,
> which allows him to make runs in the same weather conditions. Another
> list member has documented a decrease when using a G-tech to calculate
> rear wheel HP. Thats a pretty good deal of supporting data, which
> greatly reduces the chances of random error.

i don't buy none of this BS! and don't intend to and neither should
you...

until all these nay sayers... back up these "problems" with a Scientific
Approach and
at least eliminate the variables and set the test up so that anyone
following their steps can dupicate exactly their results everytime...

don't bad mouth the parts if you can't install it or blame the parts for
variables that are uncontrollable; humidity for one! track conditions
for two...

and remember... one person's pain... may just be another's gain

mpi