Re: Re: Re: 360 into Dakota swap attn. woodgate

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 10 1998 - 21:52:04 EDT

<< << Could I use the output shaft and tail housing from the dakota's trans to
  allow its use with the dakota T case? If not will the housing on the 3.9's
  trans bolt up to a small block chrysler. Will I need to move the T-case and
  crossmember back and have the drive shafts cut down? >>

 Unfortunately, I cant shed any light on the tailhousing deal. It might be
one
 of those things where you tear it all apart, and start measuring things!!!!
 Good luck! >>

I also cannot answer all your questions but I have seen a 87 Dakota RCLB 4 X 4
with a 360 crate motor installed in it and it looked like it came that way.
Automatic with everything working properly including cruise control. It was a
slick little package and all for 3000 but can not be inspected in NYS. Darn
... The one thing I did notice was the brace (frame, body whatever) that goes
in front of the radiator was cut and moved ahead both sides of the radiator to
move the radiator ahead a couple of inches and had a electric fan in front of
the radiator.

Good luck
Bill