FABM install questions -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Fri Jun 12 1998 - 15:09:55 EDT

You need to make the S-bolt yourself (bend it in a vise). Threaded rod is
the easy way to go, but a long bolt with head cut off and new threads on
that end is stronger & may flow a little better. No fancy Grade 8 bolts
either. Yes, they are stronger, but they are also more brittle. You just
need to find out exactly how long it needs to be from tip to tip. Good luck.

Steve

>>> "W. Jack Hilton III" <hemi@mindspring.com> 06/12/98 01:38pm >>>

I just got off the phone with Summit ordering my 14" chrome air cleaner
and
spacer for my R/T .

The spacer was $8.95 and the air cleaner and the K&N style filter were
about $39 .

what I need to know is where do I get the S-bolt from . I asked Summit
and
he seemed kinda mystified .

I know what they are , but I am not sure if I need a specific part # or
where to get one .

Thanks for the help and thenk YOU Sean Meldrum for the big brains !

PEACE !
Jack Hilton

'98 CC R/T "Black Death"