Re: Early Dak front foglights

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jun 12 1998 - 18:52:44 EDT

An 88' huh? Well, I think I can help =). I am also looking at foglights
for my 88, the measurements are around 7'' wide by 3" tall. A perfect fit
is the Hella 550 series. The measurements for those are exactly the same
as the factory ones. The factory ones are nothing more than Bosch lights
anyway, so if the dealer were to sell them to you, you'd pay an obscene
amount of money. I priced them through the dealer and they wanted 250+
for them. You could probably get the Hella ones and get the DAKOTA covers
from the dealer and it would look OEM. The Hella's are available at
PepBoys, or you can get in touch with Susquehanna MotorSports
(www.susquehanna.com/susq) they carry the full line of Hella products,
but you may pay more then PepBoys. Susq. says he will beat anyone's
prices, but I haven't tried. Good Luck! Hope this helps.... =)

-mike sykes

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

" They might call us crazy, but they'll do it from
behind, while staring at a tailgate." -Jon Steiger

On Thu, 11 Jun 98 22:47:57 EDT rcrassoc@erols.com writes:
>Hi- I recently became the proude owner of an `88 4x4 shortbed sport<<
>3.9 V6/4spd auto. I'm having great fun with it, but it's missing
>the<<
>fog light on the driver's side. Checking with the local dealer
>yielded<<
>no dice, so I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a source, part
>#,<<
>way to jury rig a replacement, etc. for the lights. Also, the
>previous<<
>owner decided that it was more important to have a toolbox than a
>"roll"<<
>bar, so he took the factory one out. Anyone have one sitting in the<<
>corner of their garage? Thanks for any help you can give me!-Matt<<

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]