ATTN: whiners and antagonizers !

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 10:17:44 EDT

I have a gripe about people griping and startin' little "fisticuffs" via
the list .

I think we should all remember what our mothers said , "If you can't say
something nice , then don't say anything at all."

Like this ongoing crap of trying to relive the civil war with Tony and Eric
I think it was .

I mean , obviously the guy in NC is not a racist and just likes what he
likes ! I think that the other guy was really trying to antagonize him as
much as possible .

My point is this , I may not like some of the people in this group
personally , but we all have a common thread that binds us . We don't have
to like everything about everyone , that's what individuallity is .
All that IS required is that each of us be decent and not infringe on
anyone else's rights or whatever .

Think about it , do you really want everyone in the U.S. to be just like
you ? How boring that would be ! I know I wouldn't want anyone to be JUST
like me !

The bottom line is that if you don't like what someone has to say , than
either talk to them in private WITHOUT INTENTIONALLY AGGING THEM ON , or
just grin and bear it .

And if you think that a friendly response to a post is inappropriate , then
take whatever steps you need to be satisfied , because no matter how much
you want this list to be strictly to do with useful info on the Dakota ,
there will ALWAYS be people that have common interests that will send some
messages that are "useless" . I guess we should just flog these people to
death for being friendly and social , two things that are lacking in
today's society .

As a matter of fact , I should be burned at the stake for making everyone
get this message .

What was I thinking !

How dare me !