Re: Power Pulleys for 98....

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 16:19:28 EDT

I too am looking at easy upgrades for more perf out of the R/T. I live with
a good example of a large V8 cooled by electric fans. My 440 powered
interceptor uses 2 Bosch fans (from a golf) with a relay for each fan
(14amps/fan) The Bosch units replaced the worthless Lucas fans. The 440
stays cool with the A/C on @ idle in the summer. I used a solid state
thermistor sensed switch (from PAW catalogue) to replace the lousy waxfilled
bulb style stock sensor. No problems. Fabricating a shroud for the Dakota
to Pull through the radiator (the best set up) that also allows air flow
"bypass" at speed requires some carefull thought. The interceptor has the
two 8" dia fans mounted on the diagonal with two rubber flaps "filling in"
the other diagonal. Just tacking a pusher fan (12" swirl cool) onto the
front of the radiator did not keep my 69 dodge charger 440 cool, so I
wouldnt reccomend this. A little fibergalss layup over a foam core would
probably do nicely to fabricate the shroud. Im not sure your Warranty would
hold up though since this mod affects the cooling and hence reliability of
the motor. Im waiting for the first 30K to tick by before I make any
externally visible, non chrysler corp parts type mods. This does not
exclude a comp cams roller cam nor factory type headers...
BKBridges