Re: RE: DO NOT change t-stat...(Jules, help!)

From: BESTLIGHT (BESTLIGHT@prodigy.net)
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 23:04:05 EDT

Ok enough is enough on its subject. I installed a 160 in my truck about 5
years ago after installing the MP computer because I had trouble with
preignition at full throttle. All the hyperchip and the rest of the
companies that sell aftermarket vehicle computer stuff call for a 160 with
there programs. My pinging stopped and I picked up a little in the 1/4.
Most important, my temp. was more consistent around 180-185 when I raced.
Do you know when a 190 stat is fully open?????? Not until 212!!!!!!! That
makes it really hard to keep the under hood temp. cool when you are running
headers. Anyone who knows what under hood temps. do to performance will
know what I'm talking about. Oh by the way, I still have the same stat in
my truck even now that it's running 12.7's.