Re: ATTN: whiners and antagonizers !

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 21:31:20 EDT

Good call. I agree. I know that I personally have a tendancy to assault
people, and that's one of the things I'm trying to take care of. I'll try
if everybody else does =) actually, I'll try regardless..... =)

-mike sykes

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

" They might call us crazy, but they'll do it from
behind, while staring at a tailgate." -Jon Steiger

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998 10:17:44 -0400 "W. Jack Hilton III"
<hemi@mindspring.com> writes:
>I have a gripe about people griping and startin' little "fisticuffs"
>via
>the list .
>
>I think we should all remember what our mothers said , "If you can't
>say
>something nice , then don't say anything at all."
>
>Like this ongoing crap of trying to relive the civil war with Tony and
>Eric
>I think it was .
>
>I mean , obviously the guy in NC is not a racist and just likes what
>he
>likes ! I think that the other guy was really trying to antagonize him
>as
>much as possible .
>
>My point is this , I may not like some of the people in this group
>personally , but we all have a common thread that binds us . We don't
>have
>to like everything about everyone , that's what individuallity is .
>All that IS required is that each of us be decent and not infringe on
>anyone else's rights or whatever .
>
>Think about it , do you really want everyone in the U.S. to be just
>like
>you ? How boring that would be ! I know I wouldn't want anyone to be
>JUST
>like me !
>
>The bottom line is that if you don't like what someone has to say ,
>than
>either talk to them in private WITHOUT INTENTIONALLY AGGING THEM ON ,
>or
>just grin and bear it .
>
>And if you think that a friendly response to a post is inappropriate ,
>then
>take whatever steps you need to be satisfied , because no matter how
>much
>you want this list to be strictly to do with useful info on the Dakota
>,
>there will ALWAYS be people that have common interests that will send
>some
>messages that are "useless" . I guess we should just flog these people
>death for being friendly and social , two things that are lacking in
>today's society .
>
>As a matter of fact , I should be burned at the stake for making
>everyone
>get this message .
>
>What was I thinking !
>
>How dare me !
>

>At 05:01 AM 6/15/98 EDT, you wrote:
>>No offense meant by this, but since Im unaware of the location of
>every DML
>>reader on the list, I dont find it inappropriate to post letters
>asking who
>>and when people are going to Milan. Milan does have something to do
>with
>>Dakotas, people post times ran on the list and since Milan is a drag
>track, I
>>find it appropriate.
>>ps, I try to remember to change the "subject title"
> [...]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]