Re: DML:Electric fans

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 22:29:31 EDT

From:Tim>magnum318@bewellnet.com
 Mon15th,8:20pm

>From what I seen about fans for my '95,V-8 is that there isn't any
aftermarket flex fans available because the factory fans run in REVERSE due
to the serpetine belt setup, which means the waterpump runs in reverse also.
The largest CFM rated 18" fan I've found so far is rated at 2700 CFMs and I
don't know if that is enough for our engines to stay cool. If you are truly
set on installing an electric fan setup and worried about the amp draw, just
install a dual-battery system. The second battery can go into the truck bed
and be the one used for the fan while the battery in the engine compartment
can be the alternator and all accessory battery while still helping keep the
fan battery charged up. Check out your auto store for more insite on these
dual-battery setups.