Dakota R/T vs. GMC Syclone -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 16:03:15 EDT

>>> <Pytho212@aol.com> 06/16/98 11:51am >>>

GMC Syclone Specs: Power to weight- 12.5 lb/HP
- 4.3L V6 Turbo Charged 280HP
- AWD
- 3500lbs
- 0-60MPH 5sec

Dodge Dakota R/T Regular Cab: Power to weight- 14 lb/HP
- 5.9L V8 250HP
- Rear wheel drive
- 3508lbs
- 0-60MPH 6.9sec

So guys it looks like the only thing the Dakota lacks is traction. What can
we do to improve this substantially? What is everyone's thoughts?

I think you are lacking some HP, too. My dad had a Syclone, and I can tell
you from personal experience that I think it's HP rating is alot closer to
being true than the R/T's. I would put the difference at more like 60-70HP.
 Don't get me wrong, I love my Dak, but let's get real. The Syclone was a
purpose-built vehicle, stock vs. stock it will smoke an R/T. Sorry.

Steve