Re: Performance concerns

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 19:40:47 EDT

I put my performance muffler on last night. It fit perfectly. 2.5 in and
out 15" long replaced the stock muffler easily. All the hangers and u
bolts worked. Muffler is straight through 99.9% flow efficient.
Sounds wonderful. Quiet idle, very mild sound at cruise, fairly loud and
deep at full throttle. No popping at full throttle or on deceleration.
Performance may be a very little bit better. Cruising fuel economy up from
18 mpg at 60 mph to 21 mpg at 60 mph. (a/c off) drops to 20 with a/c on.
Can't complain about mileage for a V8 auto 3.92. (mileage reading taken
from overhead console. I checked it on the first tank full and it was
within 3 tenths of calculated mpg.
I have a K&N filter ordered for the stock box which has my fresh air mod
already on it. Odo now at 590 miles. I will wait till at least 1,000
miles before any more testing.
Jim Miller
Waco, Tx