Re:I guess SOME dealers are O.K. - Used to be : Damn free

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jun 16 1998 - 23:44:31 EDT

This is true . I bought mine at a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Eagle/Mary Kay dealer
in LaGrange , GA . Ever heard of it ? I didn't think so . They knew what
the other dealers were getting for the trucks , and it took me three weeks
to get it done , but they did in fact sell me the truck under sticker .
They even gave me the rebate for previous owners (like $500) and as I read
it directly from Dodge , there were not supposed to be ANY discounts ,
rebate or otherwise , given on these trucks . It was really kinda funny
because the dealer kept trying to talk me into buying something else , like
a 5.2 Dakota CC , but after much haggling , I got it . He came to the desk
where I was and says "The only way you can get into this truck is if you
pay this much ." It was a rather large payment , but at that point my brain
had detatched from the spinal cord and I was merely a zombie . I found the
words "ok , yes" flying out of my mouth and my wrist began to sign my name
over and over as if by reflex .

Anyway , I just meant to say that I think I was extremely licky to have
gotten my R/T CC in the manner that I did . If it were not for a dealer
with a little integrity and honesty , I do not think I would have ever
gotten one .

Thanks Mike Patton Dodge !

At 11:14 PM 6/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 10:28 PM 6/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 6/16/98 7:46:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
>>hemi@mindspring.com writes:
>>
>><< the DEALERS are getting WAY over what they should
>> for them so that the people they were intended for (the budget-minded
>> speed-racer) can't even touch em ?! >>
>>
>>My answer to this is because they can, and they know somone will shell
out the
>>dough for a mited production model of whatever. (e.g. beanie babies) I was
>>talking to a guy at the mopar show about his Prowler(got some pix if anyone
>>wnats to use them for wallpaper). They (wichita Plymouth dealers) had
only one
>>in the town. They also took sealed bids on it. This guy paid $72,000 for
this
>>little car!!!! I told him his toy cost him as much as my house did, and how
>>could he possibly justify that much money for an impratical car. He answered
>>my question by pointing at his black and silver Viper. Said it needed a
garage
>>mate!!! BTW, he is some bigwig for Boeing out here. Must be nice.
>>
>>Poor and jealous George
>>

> Must be nice indeed. :-)
>
> Here's a little tip that may help out those of you looking for dealers
>who aren't setting insane prices on their R/T's... Go find a dealer
>in the country; away from the big cities and the poseurs. The one dealer
>I saw an R/T at around here was selling it for the $24,400 sticker price.
>They said that they would be willing to work down from there. It was just
>another truck to them.
>
> The place where I bought my truck sells a HUGE volume of trucks, mostly
>to farmers. They could've gotten some R/T's but they turned 'em down
>because people aren't interested in sport trucks in this area; they're
>only interested in how much firewood or manure they can haul. :-)
>

> -Jon-

> | Affiliations: DoD, EAA, MP Race Team, NMA, SPA, USUA. RP-SEL |
> | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (15.29@88.58), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |
> `----------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com