Stupid web sites. Was: RE: K&N

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 22 1998 - 22:29:47 EDT

At 07:38 PM 6/22/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I think it's like all web sites like that . They want you to call them on
>the phone where they pay for the call so that we can sit on hold for
>forever and a day , kinda like Summit . They could probably get rid of at
>least half the phone help by putting everything on the web sites .

  Agreed! I can understand if a company is just getting started out
with the WWW and the Internet, but if you've had a site for a while
and you don't have your entire catalog online with online ordering
via credit card, tech data, etc. then why bother? Especially so for
mail-order places like Summit, Jegs, etc. They've already got their
parts in a catalog; all you need is a WWW interface. (Might require a
custom application to be written, but unless they're using something
*really* outdated, that's not too hard. We sure don't need another
"brochure" web site! I hate when I go to a manufacturer's web site only
to find that I didn't get any more info from 'em than I could by
reading the description in the Summit catalog!

  Oh, I also HATE having to use the phone and call around. Antiquated
device anyway. :-)

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (15.21@89.82), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |