Re: Cowl vs. Snout was: Open Element Air Cleaners

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Jun 24 1998 - 10:30:06 EDT

Eric,
Yas Yas... Just because a street machine has something called cowl
induction doesnt mean it works all the time or even at all. Every vehicle
is different and each must be evaluated for optimum fresh air inducer
location. My challenger had a cowl induction scoop (home made) that pulled
hot air and exhaust (from header leaks...) out of the engine compartment and
into the passenger compartment via the cold air inlet grill. You could kill
yourself without hitting anything... Once It was sealed to the aircleaner
it worked to pull cold air in and fixed the gas chamber effect, but whether
there was any ram effect or not is highly debateable. If youve got wind
tunnel experience on the Dak then YOU are the MAN when it comes to cold air
induction design. Any bootleg pics of the Dak in the tunnel?
BKB